The BKLYN Design Awards (BKDA) is established by the Brooklyn Chapter of the American Institute of Architects to encourage excellence in architectural design, to make the public more aware of the human-made environment and to honor the architect, owner & builder of significant projects.It is the goal of the AIA Brooklyn chapter to promote its respective members, affiliates, and non member architects through the display of their design and service accomplishments in Brooklyn.
All winning entries will be promoted through a journal published by AIA Brooklyn distributed during our Design Gala and other AIA Brooklyn publications. The projects selected for awards by the Jury will be featured for their design excellence.The 2020 AIA BKDA journal will be distributed digitally throughout the AIA New York State community and our chapter websites after the Design Gala.
- Call for Entries (Registration Opens)
September 11th, 2020
- Registration Closes
October 2nd, 2020
- Submission Due*
October 9th, 2020 at 11:59 PM (See Procedures)
- Jury Meeting
- People’s Choice Awards Voting
- Awards Presentation/Winners Announced
November 12, 2020 – Virtual Awards Presentation
* In order to obtain submission forms you must register first. Once registered, you will receive an email follow up with all the forms and entry number needed.
- AIA Brooklyn Chapter members only (must be licensed): $75
- Unbuilt Category Registration – AIA Brooklyn members and non-members: $50
- Standard Registration – non-members (must be licensed): $150
- Student Category Registration (must provide proof of student status): $30
All registrations are non-refundable.