Interesting linksHere are some interesting links for you! Enjoy your stay :)
Event Type :
Event Type 2:
Registration will open on February 5th, 2018. Submissions due on April 5th, 2018.
All Day (Monday)
· Event: bkep SPEAK | Emerging Design Methodologies · Date: February 20th, 2018 · Time: 7 PM - 8:30 PM · Location: Alliance of Resident Theatres, [...]
· Event: bkep SPEAK | Emerging Design Methodologies
· Date: February 20th, 2018
· Time: 7 PM – 8:30 PM
· Location: Alliance of Resident Theatres, 138 South Oxford Street, Studio G., Brooklyn, NY 11217
· CEU Pending
· As of 2018, we have various ways that we can use learned practices when it comes to investigating and expressing our ideas and thoughts. Our design profession is no exception with the emergence of new technological advancements such as parametric design, robotics, and VR which allows to explore creative solutions prior to making it a reality.
In this panel discussion, we will have design professionals discuss what their current practice and organizations are using to take their creativity, investigation and productivity to the next level. The panel will also discuss how these emerging technologies will affect the architectural practice in the years to come.
Pavlina Vardoulaki – Co-Founder and Creative Director
Alejandra Rojas – Member
· Mancini Duffy
Christian Giordano – President
Michael Kipfer – Director Design Lab
Refreshments will be provided.
(Tuesday) 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM
Alliance of Resident Theatres
138 South Oxford Street, Studio G., Brooklyn, NY 11217
Presenter: Alvin Ubell Topic: "Mastering the Media" Alvin Ubell, "The Guru of How To", will be speaking at [...]
Presenter: Alvin Ubell
Topic: “Mastering the Media”
Alvin Ubell, “The Guru of How To”, will be speaking at AIA Brooklyn’s
General Meeting, 6:00pm February 21, 2018, at Brooklyn Borough Hall. He
will speak about the media and its effects on architects’ practices.
Al is a regular guest as “The Gurus of How To” on Midday on WNYC -New York
Public Radio 93.9FM – 820AM – WNYC.org, (32± Years) is one of the principals
of Accurate Building Inspectors® since 1961, for five years was a regular at
“ABC’s Good Morning America”. ABC’s Talk Radio Network” and was known as the
“Guru of How to”, and is the author of many books such as “Save Energy, Save
Money”, “Recipes For Home Repair” and Maintenance Guide, and many other
writings for “Family Circle Magazine” of the New York Times Group.
(Wednesday) 5:30 PM - 9:00 PM
Brooklyn Borough Hall, Community Room, 2nd Floor
209 Joralemon Street, Brooklyn, NY