Website N.K. BHANDARI, Architecture & Engineering, P.C.
N.K. BHANDARI, Architecture & Engineering, P.C. (NKB), is pleased to offer a unique and prestigious opportunity for a Senior Project Architect in the role of Campus Architect at the U.S. Military Academy (USMA) at West Point. We’re looking for an experienced Senior Project Architect to support the campus master planning services at this history-rich, federal institution. This position will be embedded at USMA’s nationally recognized education and training facility for a base year contract with two (2) 1-year option periods. The Senior Project Architect will collaborate with NKB’s on-site Senior Architectural Designer and interface with USMA’s Directorate of Public Works (DPW) personnel to oversee master planning activities including utility master planning, review installation design guidelines, and support landscape and monument master planning at USMA’s campus facility and grounds.
NKB is a well-established, rapidly growing, client-centric design firm with locations in Syracuse, NY and the DC Metro area. For more than 35 years, we have built our reputation on delivering the highest quality product and creative solutions for clients in the federal, state, education, healthcare, industrial and commercial sectors.
We are driven by our core values of integrity, quality, and professionalism in everything that we do.
NKB offers an exciting, vibrant and creative work environment. At NKB, you will have the ability to leverage your technical acumen and industry expertise to drive challenging and unique architectural and engineering projects all the way from concept through build. In addition to our competitive compensation and benefits packages, we provide various internal and external employee events to build strong teams and promote healthy work-life balance. We also regularly engage in various local activities to develop relationships and stay connected to the communities in which we work and live.
- Champion the firm’s mission, values, culture and strategic goals
- Self-directed individual to provide leadership and superb client-focused service
- Develop exceptional rapport with client and serve as highly respected team-leader
- Oversee and manage projects including but not limited to: design decisions, contract documentation, code compliance, construction techniques and sequences in projects including all aspects of cross discipline coordination
- Mentor Project Architects, Designers, and Drafters while creating an environment of continuous learning and challenge
- Manage construction administration phase services and activities
- Responsible for quality assurance and quality control
- Drive business development and client relationship management
- Provide project management through all five phases of design and construction and ensure conformity to contractual agreement
- Establish and effectively manage project budget that results in profitability for the firm
- Ability to work in a fun, flexible, team-oriented but fast-paced and deadline driven environment
- Occasional local or out-of-town project related travel may be required for project assignments
- Fifteen or more years of experience of project experience with specific proficiency in:
- Master Planning
- Higher Education (academic facilities, athletic facilities, housing facilities, campus support facilities)
- Department of Defense (DoD) and DPW experience or other similar Federal government agency experience
- Design Guideline Development
- Design Reviews
- Programmatic Planning
- Facility Condition Assessments
- Feasibility Studies
- Inter-disciplinary Coordination
- Historic Preservation
- Bachelors or Masters of Architecture or related degree
- Active professional license and registration
- Membership with AIA and SCUP
- Expertise in the five project phases: schematic design, design development, construction documents, bidding and negotiation, construction administration
- Working knowledge of CADD (AutoCAD) and BIM (Revit) design software
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Vision, and Adobe Creative Cloud software programs
- Proficiency in professional and technical writing
If you want to be part of this once-in-a-lifetime architectural opportunity and join our team, please send cover letter, resume, references and work samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line should read: Senior Project Architect Job# 1806SPAWP
Please visit our website at http://www.nkbpc.com to get an idea of who we are.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NKB does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law.
NKB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com