Brooklyn Historical Society, Basement Floor Classroom
128 Pierrepont Street, Brooklyn, NY
Beverages and pastries will be served. Handicap-accessible facilities.
Time: 8:20am to 9:30am. Credit: Each course is 1 C.E.U.
• April 13: Window technology – “Advantages and disadvantages of Wood,
Aluminum Clad and Vinyl in window construction”. Review the benefits of
various wood species available for window construction. Learn about different
types of glass and glazing systems and the energy saving factor.”, presented by
LePage Millwork and Dynamic Window Solutions. AIA Course #1016
• April 20: FEMA flood protection – “Floodplain Design, Construction, and
Impacts on Flood Insurance”, presented by Smart Vent Products. AIA Course
• April 27: Noise control – “Acoustical Ceilings for the Eye, the Ear and the
Mind”, presented by Saint Gobain. AIA Course #EC0004 (HSW)
• May 18 (new!): Interior Technology 101: Residential design meets Technology”,
In this fast-paced course you’ll learn the latest interior technology and how it shapes the experience of spaces you design.
You will get inspiration for how you can expand the breadth of your practice
by incorporating technology into your designs without needing to be a technology expert.
Presented by Crestron. AIA #CRES17 (HSW)
• June 1 (revised): Solar design for residential – Review solar technologies and applications in an urban context.
Understand the depth of NYC fire code and regulations that shape solar installations in our urban landscape.
Discuss design choices that can be made to enhance solar production.
Grasp the financials behind solar investment., presented by Brooklyn Solar Works (HSW)
Location and Time: Crestron Showroom, 979 3rd Ave. (D&D Bldg.) 12pm – 1:10pm.
AIA member- $ 30 each or $100 for all 4 Non-AIA member- $50 each
Additional courses may be added based on demand, including an all-day
“Conquering the Energy Code”, presented by the Urban Green Council.
Please Login to have member discount